A rich cheese and vegetable dish for a light lunch or supper, served with a green leaf salad and a good bread.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 slice soft crusty bread
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces extra mature cheddar
- 2 teaspoons marjoram (fresh, or 1 teaspoon of dried marjoram, or oregano)
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons green beans (frozen, cut into half inch lengths - or fresh if they are in season, lightly boiled)
- olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- mixed salad leaves (to serve)
- bread (a good bread, to serve)
Shez's Rich Aubergine Slices is a community recipe submitted by Anonymous and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.