Mash anchovies with a fork with egg yolks, garlic and capers. Whisk in olive oil pouring slowly, like for a mayonnaise. Add mustard, parmigiano cheese and vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix lettuce with sauce. Serve with croutons and sprinkle some more grated parmigiano on top.
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 anchovies (or 1 tsp anchovy paste)
- 3 cloves pressed garlic
- 10 capers
- 188 millilitres olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 125 millilitres grated parmigiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 romaine lettuce
Caesar Salad is a community recipe submitted by xana and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.